(via neuseks) ←
Hi lovely :)
First of all, I really urge you to talk to a doctor, therapist or nutritionist about your binge eating. Although you can find temporary tips to stop, in the long run it’s important to get advice from a specialist in this area to support you and help you stop permanently, my love. You don’t have to go through this alone, there are people out there willing to help you.
But here are some tips to try and help you in the short-term:
- Eat regularly. Make sure you have three meals a day, and snacks in between. This should stop you from getting too hungry and feeling the urge to binge.
- Keep notes of what you were feeling before you binged. This should help you recognised the feelings in the future, so you can try and find another way of dealing with it. Binge eating is usually a way of coping with stress and other emotions.
- Exercise. Apparently, exercising regularly can actually help curb your appetite! Just doing a little bit each day could help. Do exercise you enjoy! But make sure you know your limits and don’t over do it.
- Treat yourself! Don’t completely cut out certain foods from your diet. There’s nothing wrong with indulging in foods you enjoy a few times each week! It should help you have fewer cravings.
- Drink lots of water. Liquids can actually help hunger!
- Distract yourself. If you feel the urge to binge do something else, something you enjoy. Watch TV or a film, listen to music, read a book, talk to a friend, exercise, whatever you like! Take a look at our list of distractions if you need help with that.
- Overeaters Anonymous has a saying known as HALT. It means to check if you are Hungry, Angry, Lonely or Tired. If you’re hungry, eat! If not, try to find a different way of coping.
- Don’t feel guilty for binging! Once it’s happened, move on. One binge is not going to harm you.
If it does happen, here are some tips to help you cope after a binge:
- Drink some water.
- Brush your teeth. This will help you get the taste out of your mouth and feel fresh.
- Light exercise. Go for a walk or something, but don’t push yourself, especially after just eating.
- Sleep it off. Take a nap, or if it’s late try sleeping through ‘til the morning. I know it can feel really uncomfortable on your tummy after eating a lot, but you’ll feel better when you wake up.
- Distract yourself! As I said above.
I hope this was helpful in any way, lovely! Let me know if you have any more questions!
Take care and lots of love,
Kids please don’t think that it’s unusual or special to be dating someone with whom you can watch netflix and eat pizza and hold hands and also have hot sex with
It concerns me when I see millions of notes on a post that’s like “fuck me hard but also be sweet with me”
Like what kinds of relationships are you in that you think this is a revolutionary thing to ask